Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ching Ming

recently, my life so lame!

i drove to Raub with my family except my father, he had to work. we back to Raub for 'Ching Ming', we have to pay our respect to my grandfather (my mother's father). according to Chinese tradition, we have to go our relatives graveyard, clean their places, bring them some foods (they died already, don't know how they eat???), and burn something for them (they also need it in the other world).

it has been many years that my grandfather left us. i still remember the time he left us, i was form 3. the number of grandchildren come back for him is less and less. this year, only little of the grandchildren back for him. others using the excuses that they have to work, have to take care of their children and study. really deserted. don't know what will my grandfather feel?

as usual, we started to go to the Yi Shan on 6am. it was very dark. to avoid the hot sun and traffic congestion, we have to go early. walking on the road that i only walk once in a year, the road which bring me to my grandfather's 'house'. although i was surounded by graves, but it was not scary.

when reached my grandfather's grave, everybody did their part. after we done everything, only some of relatives arrived. they seem like came here only for foods. when we decided to go back, they quickly took the food and started to eat. sigh. what to do?

i hope next year all the relatives will come back and pay their respect to our grandfather. please don't come back only Chinese New year or something bad happens. grandmother is old, please come back always. she will not always stays with us, if got time, please come home...

No comments: