Thursday, December 22, 2011

dong zhi 冬至

1st time cooked raice ball for myself in "dong zhi". Actually it's Ling Ling's idea to make rice ball but i am the one who doing it.

today, although it's quite heavily rain, i still took my motorbike to tesco extra to buy the ingredients. it's very very simple Wan Meng Hawl's recipe. So, it's very simple and easy to do it.




Gula Merah. the brown colour can increases the appearance and it's not so sweet. Mrs Wan was not recommend Gula Melaka because she banned my suggestion.



Due to no more Halia Tua, i was forced to buy these Halia Muda. Halia Tua will gives a pleasant aroma. If got Halia Bentong will be much better, you can't resist the smell of ginger. (for those love ginger only).


i don't know what happen to this photo when i upload it, it becomes upside down. But the way, i'm lazy and tired to make the rice ball by myself. i choose to buy. this is the black sesame falour.




this is the red bean flavour.

ACTUALLY STILL GOT THE 'PANDAN' LEAF, BUT i can't find it in USM... so, plz add yourself if you got the leaves.






Cut the gingers into pieces to make the syrup smells better. before i put in the water, i heated up the gingers.




Well, my little kitchen, next to my bed.




See the brown colour or yellow colour? it's the colour given by the Gula Merah~~~




after you put the rice ball into the syrup, you just need to stir it slowly. when all the rice balls float up, it's means it can eat now~~~












READY TO GIVE MY SENIOR AND FRIENDS~~~~~



conclusion:
when senior and my friends received my tang yuan, their smiles really make me feel happy. the taste of the tang yuan just average, but their smiles make my day extraordinary~~~ thank you!!!


3 comments:

Cindia said...

pandan leaf can be found at biosch if not mistaken ^^

WANG said...

aiya.... u tell me earlier ma

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.